Monday, September 12, 2011

Phils' Offense Battered by Myers

By Amy McCormick

Apparently, the Phils’ offense didn’t get the memo tonight that offense isn’t optional.  Victorino and Howard each went 0-4; Martinez was 0-3.  Philadelphia managed to post six hits, but only scored one run. 

Oswalt didn’t have a great outing, and Houston capitalized on that.  The Astros managed twelve hits and five runs in a game where the Phils looked like they never showed up.

Why do the Phillies struggle against Myers? I don’t really get it.  The righty doesn’t have very good numbers this season, and Houston has lost more games than the Phillies have won (not a typo).  We should not be losing to teams like Houston and Florida.

I fully understand that not every game is going to be a win, but it’s frustrating to watch the Phils get owned by a terrible team.  I guess it’s good news for Mrs. Myers that Brett left the field in a good mood tonight, though.

I want to see some aggressive offense (I’m looking at you, Ryan Howard).  Losses like tonight’s are embarrassing and they make me cranky.  Here’s hoping tomorrow night is better.  Magic number is still 6 ….

No comments:

Post a Comment